Saturday 14 June 2008

Dancer George Britain's Got Talent's Shock Winner

‘Street Dancer’ George Sampson was named the shock winner of ITV talent show ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ last night.
The 14-year-old broke down in tears in the traditional fashion after securing the £100,000 top prize for his modern dance routine of ‘Singing In The Rain’.
He gushed, "I'm speechless, wow. Just thanks so much everybody. You've changed my life and I couldn't ask for anything else. Thanks so much."
Judge Simon Cowell said he was particularly pleased after he was vetoed by the other judges from putting George through to the live finals after he auditioned for last year’s series.
He told the youngster, “Let me tell you, you are the dancing version of Rocky, young man - you deserve everything because you battled your way to the top. I'll tell you what: it's a better story than Billy Elliot. I genuinely didn't think George would win.
"It's the biggest shocker I have ever known in my life and it's one of the best feelings I have ever had when the winner was announced.
"You just know this kid's needed a break in his life and he's battled his way to a win. You can see that kid has needed to do this to change his life."